Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Personal Testimony



I can’t quite remember if it was a picture in a book or something else I held in my small hand , where Jesus was shown nailed on the cross and pierced in His side , but I do remember questioning my parents of who He was and then …they told me His Name.

They didn’t go into all the details that are found in the Scriptures, yet, at the moment I heard His Name, there was a conviction and a connection in my heart. I cried for Jesus. I wept for His suffering somehow knowing that He suffered more than anyone else. I understood at that young age that Jesus was of God and that He had done something tremendous.

My father took me to church every week and every week I knew I was in a place that worshipped God. I liked being in a place where everyone offered songs of praise together to the Lord, and to this day it is something that I still take great delight in .

When I was between the ages of eight and ten, I sensed all that God created-- from the blades of grass to the sun and clouds above me in the sky. I’ll never forget how awestruck and happy I felt knowing that I could see the beautiful works of God in all that surrounded me. It was exciting and He shared this revelation with me privately, placing it in my heart forever.

I truly had the blessings of Christ in my heart and before I even knew what the term “born again” had meant, people would come up and ask me if I was born again. I would answer saying, “Well, I have believed in Jesus since I was a little girl, if that’s what you mean.”

I knew Jesus since I was a little girl and as time would steadily pass , my heart would fill up with more of Him and less of me and that is the greatest experience that I can ever share with others in this incredible life we have been given . His Words, His actions, His prayers, His Sacrifice, His divine compassion make up the bigger and better part of my heart and life.

Christ Jesus came into my heart when I was very young and full of questions and open to answers. He totally changed my heart on His time, which is always the perfect time.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.


By Julie Pisacane

No comments: