Friday, September 07, 2007

Small and Great




And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Revelation 20:12



One day, those who have no time for God will have to take the time, for all those things which have kept them too busy will no longer exist, and they will no longer matter. All things pertaining to this earth will have passed away. They will be summoned to appear and stand before God to give an account of their earthly life.

One day, those who think themselves so great they do not need God will have a mandatory meeting with God. At that time they will bow their knees in worship, only to find God never knew them. They will be cast out from God’s presence into everlasting punishment, with all other unbelievers.

One day, those who feel they are too small to be counted worthy, but have placed their hope and trust in the Lord, will be summoned to appear before the throne of God to receive their rewards for their faith and works here on earth.


One day, those who have been great here on earth, but have placed their hope and trust in God, and have come before Him humbly as little children, will be summoned to appear before the throne of God to receive their rewards for their faith and works here on earth.

The most important question I can ask you right now is: “Where do you fit in?” Are you small or great in your eyes? How great are you in God’s eyes? One day … the small and great stand before God …………

Written by Thomas Kittrell.
© 2007 Thomas E. Kittrell~ Please Click here to visit !


Poetry Corner

I Am A Candle


I am a candle
Because God loves me
I have a new heart
And faith to see.

I am a candle
Standing tall
Set on His path
I've heard His call.

I am a candle
Shining a light
In the darkness
And into the night.

I am a candle
With others upon this land
And we cannot be hid
For we obey His command.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine
before men, that they
may see your good works,
and glorify your Father
which is in heaven.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today's study in God's Word is brought to you by
Pages of My Heart Ministry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just loved your page today, and I just wrote a poem on God's guiding light. You can share it if you want too.


God’s guiding light

When I am alone waiting for the mornings light
I lay there in my bed all by myself
Not being able to close my eyes to get a peaceful
Nights sleep because I’m all alone
When my husband is away at times with family


He’s not away a lot of the time because
He doesn’t want to leave me alone
I love him so very much that I don’t want to
Say goodbye anytime
Even though people say the heart grows fonder
When your separated for a little while


God is my guiding light when I am alone
He is my light when I’m afraid
When I am by myself at night wandering
Who to call when I’m scared
He is my guiding light and my protector
Now and forever, Amen!

By Tamara
Sept. 2007

Unknown said...

Remember the men of Galilee, who watched Christ rise up to heaven?
Are we as they, or do we see, that our BREAD is not mixed with leaven?
Every since the Masters feet, Sat at His Fathers right
Hath not Christs judgment spelled defeat, To those whom had not light?

I judge no man said Christ himself, tho judgment HE hath sent
For those whom still, Do His Fathers will
Love the lost, who have yet repented
To them He gifted righteous robes
And eye salve so they could see

That they may run, to find the lost, to reconcile them unto HE
They know His judgments MERCY
That is why they condemn not
For they also once were naked too
And were scattering with the lost

Send judgment unto VICTORY
For My love hath conquored all
HE spoke unto His angels sent
To gather great and small

Do not we all stand, before His Throne?
And give our account EACH DAY?
Has HE not given, salvation shone?
With the price, only HE could pay?

Can any show a man without, HIS price upon his head?
The sight of men is BLIND, you know
Were ye not once also dead?

What HE hath done for one, HE hath done for all
For HE respecteth NOT, the person
So count it all as joy and gain
For otherwise, ye worsen!

Can Christ speak a lie?
When HE thus said " I have overcome the world"
We know HE can't, so why lament?
Walk into those "gates of pearl"!

Show me a purpose, or intent
Which Christ hath NOT ordained,
For by His measure, all IS His treasure
That glorifys His name

The darkness cannot comprehend
The depths of His foresight
That which appears as hell-ward bound
Did it go fourth own it's own?
Or does ALL stand, under His command
As directed from His Throne?

All things for Him, by Him were made
To do His Fathers will
So nothing moves, and no things change
Where scriptures not fulfilled

The Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end
Just prove that grace and truth, have kissed
As His mercy hath NO ENDS

So let your soul rejoice at this
In the knowing, His control
All things are just, for what is amiss?
As His perfect plans unfolds 09/07/07 Stephen Monday

Unknown said...

To all that have emailed me in response to today's devotional:


I am very touched and moved by the edifiying responses that have come in to my email today.


You are all answered prayer to me by the reflection of your trust in God's will and love --on earth as it is in heaven .



God's richest blessings,

Julie