Saturday, December 07, 2013

Tonight



Tonight

I look up and see the crescent moon
From my window, a remarkable view
Taking in the darkness with sparkles of light
from shimmering stars...a pleasant sight.
 
Glowing embers dance in the fireplace
While I pour hot  water for my tea
I thank God for his abundant grace
And  blessings on our neighbors,
Friends and family.
 
In the living room the guitar is played
by my husband, my dear best friend
Our love is true and will never fade
We cherish each moment to the end.
 
We've worked hard throughout the years
sharing many joys as well as tears
Though every trial and tribulation
was met with prayerful contemplation.
 
Tonight is a wintry night
But just inside our home
It's more like a warm cozy nest
Where we enjoy the evening all night long
Until it is time for peaceful rest.
 
This is an evening in December
Under soft light of the crescent moon
A night filled with song and I'll remember...
Embers in the fireplace
guitar strings playing a happy tune
And thankful to our gracious God
for the sacred time given
to live humbly unto Him-
And unto Him
we can commune.
Julie Pisacane   © 12/7/13

No comments: