Friday, January 03, 2014

The Reason


John 13 :34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.  

The Reason

The reason why I trust in Jesus,
And know Him as The Word,
Is because I have His witness
In my heart that He has stirred.

In my heart, He made a place
After hearing my soul’s plea
He showed me love, truth and grace
Jesus alone has rescued me.

In my dreams, He revealed
The work needing to be done
He’s alive and His flock is sealed
By the Spirit of the Holy one.

The work is confessing Christ is come
And the new commandment is love
This is His law and to be done
By the meek who can enter above…

Above- a dismal, darkened den
Where lions roam about
Reach out in love…to free another
From the den of deceit and doubt.

The reason why I trust in Jesus,
And know Him as The Word;
Is because I have His witness
In my heart that He has stirred.  

Julie Pisacane   1/3/14
 


 

No comments: